Login  |  Register

Author Topic: General Gaming Discussion!  (Read 836215 times)

Offline Baneus

Re: Games that you are anticipating!
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2014, 03:50:00 PM »
With my sub down last night I ended up playing Baldurs Gate again (enhanced edition). And then it was 1am.
I'm just saying that by any sane metric, Gendo Ikari is the best dad in the universe.

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2014, 07:38:20 PM »
Hey Jess have you played episode 5 yet? Lemme know how you liked it :)

Yesssss i just played it early arvo (heh) coz ff14 wouldnt let me play. omgg i cried a lot ;p

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2014, 01:52:59 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/check-out-dragon-age-inquisition-multiplayer-gamep/1100-6421945/

I needs it! Hopefully it's not like ME3 where the MP was causing me to pause my SP progression :D

I've gotta get off the fence soon and go for either a XB1 or PS4 :D

Offline Destarius

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2014, 02:10:04 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/check-out-dragon-age-inquisition-multiplayer-gamep/1100-6421945/

I needs it! Hopefully it's not like ME3 where the MP was causing me to pause my SP progression :D

I've gotta get off the fence soon and go for either a XB1 or PS4 :D

get it on pc :D PC Master Race

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2014, 04:57:59 PM »

Yeah that certainly is an option, some games I'd rather play from the couch with the fire blazing :)

Offline Baneus

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2014, 08:26:16 PM »

Yeah that certainly is an option, some games I'd rather play from the couch with the fire blazing :)

http://shield.nvidia.com/

:)
I'm just saying that by any sane metric, Gendo Ikari is the best dad in the universe.

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2014, 11:25:36 AM »
http://shield.nvidia.com/

:)

Does it play Destiny? lels!

The other major motivator is most of my friends are peasant end user console players, maybe just my perception but I find console players stick with a set game for longer (mmo's not included) my PC gaming friends are onto a new game every 2 weeks and the old stuff just never gets touched again.

I'd like to blame steam sales and humble bundles, you can have a 100+ game collection for less than $300, it's just insane.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:27:11 AM by Sectiplave »

Offline Baneus

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:18:18 AM by Baneus »

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2014, 12:25:31 PM »
I want to read it, but I haven't played DA2 yet :(

Offline Baneus

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2014, 12:37:11 PM »

From the dev, regarding DA2 "They expected an apple pie and we gave them hamburger."

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2014, 02:15:50 PM »

From the dev, regarding DA2 "They expected an apple pie and we gave them hamburger."

Hehehehe it's good I intend to go into the game with super low expectations, I've done the same thing with FF13-3, it's certainly not what I expected in terms of game play but it's passable for now. Whoever did the casting for the voice actors needs to be shot revived and shot again though, soo few voices suit the player model they are coming from it's beyond silly.

Offline Baneus

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2014, 09:05:31 PM »
 :heart: FENRIS IS BEST CHARACTER IN DA2  :heart:

On a side note i just pre-ordered Sims 4 yeah bitch!

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2014, 03:04:53 PM »
Most useful thing in FF13-3 so far is hearing the pronunciation of Miqo'te, I've been saying it wrong this whole time.

Voice actor in game said it Mi-quo-teh, I've always left the h off the end :D

The more you know!

Offline Daz_maldek

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2014, 02:39:33 PM »
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h5SmngEy3fQ

I will play this just for this

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2014, 05:54:14 PM »
Finished FF13-3 Lightning returns. I went in with low expectations and minimal monetary expenditure, I still really struggle to find it in myself to give this game a higher rating. The big point detractors were poor quality NPC character models, too much time was spent making skimpy outfits for Lightning, and the NPC's wandering around town looked like assets stolen from 2008. Poor script writing, many of the conversations with people were drab, and the humour was fleeting and too far between. The time limit mechanic turned out to be more of a pain in the arse than a motivator and they failed to really provide a feeling of impending doom.

The up sides were a decent sized open world to explore and a decent game mechanic system, can easily see how it wasn't everyone's cup of tea though. Some monsters feel challenging to fight early on before you start to get into god mode territory. You get the usual level of content to go through expected from an FF game (40-50 hours for a play through minus farming end game crap).I'm not gonna go into the ending because I still don't know if I feel okay or not with it, it was sure as shit not what I expected.

Rating; 5/10, grab it on special if you want to finish up the FF13 sub series of games, if you haven't started on FF13-2 even, or are unsure about spin off FF titles...... I would advise you save yourself a combined 100 hours of bad voice acting and even worse writing and look for something else :)

Currently about a third of the way into DA:2 and while the writing and voice acting and character faces are all about 10x better the game is let down hard in other area's. Kirkwall and it's side quests just aren't fun or interesting! I'm almost at the point of just skipping them and going main quest only :(

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:00:34 PM by Sectiplave »

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »
Yea side quests in DA are boring i skip most of em on my play-throughs. But some pieces of ur hero armor are from side quests so make sure you dont miss 'em! that shiz is like ur AF

Offline KaaneMoka

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »
Why I don't see anyone mention FF 14- The realm reborn ???  :cripes: :cripes: :cripes:

Offline Destarius

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2014, 03:16:12 PM »
Why I don't see anyone mention FF 14- The realm reborn ???  :cripes: :cripes: :cripes:

prolly coz we are all already playing it kaane incase you hadnt noticed :P

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2014, 03:56:55 PM »

I'll come back one day bro, there needs to be a big juicy patch or expansion to really get me interested again.

Yea side quests in DA are boring i skip most of em on my play-throughs. But some pieces of ur hero armor are from side quests so make sure you dont miss 'em! that shiz is like ur AF

Is there any indicator it's gonna be a relic type quest? I'm skipping a lot of side quests at the moment. Even still DA2 is rating much higher for me than Lightning returns at this stage.

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2014, 12:35:53 AM »
Well all the pieces are obtained in Act 3 and on the wiki it tells you which quests you get them from.

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2014, 03:29:53 PM »
Well all the pieces are obtained in Act 3 and on the wiki it tells you which quests you get them from.

Shit I actually already had two pieces and I have also now finished the game, no real side questing in Act 3. I cannot help but feel the game was a bit rushed, it had good dialogue and voice acting, the main story was interesting but it was all over too quickly and the ending wasn't much of a climax at all. The illusion of choice was too transparent for my liking too. Definitely not as good as DA:Origins in my opinion but I'd still give it a 6.5/10, we know they can do better than this.

Only a few more games to clear out and it's PS4 time :)

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2014, 10:35:18 AM »
Yea it was super rushed, if u did some side quests you'd notice that they recycled areas a lot. That was one of the big complaints about this game. And yea the story is fun but it had nothing over DA:O!

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2014, 03:56:32 PM »
Yea it was super rushed, if u did some side quests you'd notice that they recycled areas a lot. That was one of the big complaints about this game. And yea the story is fun but it had nothing over DA:O!

Yeah I did notice all the caves and area's were re-used too, very EA move, this was a big complaint in the Mass Effect series also which they kinda addressed in ME3.

DA:O was easily an 8.5+ game for me so I can now see why soo many people were let down by DA2, from what I've seen DA:I is heading in the right direction to redeem them :)

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2014, 10:38:33 AM »
http://www.gameplanet.com.au/news/g54224233eb0bb/Final-Fantasy-XV-director-steps-down-after-eight-years-working-on-the-game/

This doesn't sound great, I was already skeptical about this title. Even watching the TGS trailer, it appeared to be running on gear well beyond a PS4's capability / developer knowledge of mining the depths of the hardware until the last scene where you finally saw very noticeable jaggys.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:40:12 AM by Sectiplave »