Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Destiny anyone  (Read 45075 times)

Offline Baneus

Re: Destiny anyone
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2014, 10:11:07 AM »
I've read some reviews on this now and I kind of want to play it. It seems to have a decent chunk of MMO in it.
I'm just saying that by any sane metric, Gendo Ikari is the best dad in the universe.

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2014, 11:59:36 AM »
Yeah speaking with a workmate today about his beta experiences leans me ever closer to buying a PS4 :)

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 01:04:56 PM »
Looks really fun but i suck balls at aiming with a controller  :(

Yup, this. Auto aim is a myth when you're as bad as I am at shooters.

Yeah, one of the reasons why i never finished infamous was because of this lol. playing on easy, but rly hard mode aiming -_-

Offline Daz_maldek

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2014, 02:18:50 PM »
Just let it happen!

Offline Daz_maldek

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 09:42:58 AM »
Destiny beta will be closing tomorrow, was fun while it lasted. Hope they open it again!

Offline Baneus

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 12:16:35 PM »
Hmm, still thinking a bit about this. How well does it run on the PS3?

Chances are I'll have to reset my PSN password, it's been years since I used it :/
I'm just saying that by any sane metric, Gendo Ikari is the best dad in the universe.

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 01:29:16 PM »
Not sure about how it runs on PS3, someone at work maybe getting the PS3 version for now and a doing an upgrade later.

Everyone I've spoken to at work is loving it, a very social oriented gaming experience, great fun to join a bunch of friends and go blasting things, only complaints at this stage are not as much content at launch as people were hoping for.

Offline Baneus

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 08:27:00 AM »
Downloaded this last night (paid for the season pass thingees as well). Might have to see if the wireless connection on my PS3 is better than the jury rigged wired set up I've got.

Offline Min Kim

• Meow
  • Big Fat Cat Venom
  • Yeahnah
    • Hellion
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 11:06:24 AM »
Goddamnit... I need to go buy this now don't I?
Main: Venom Reginam
Alt: Venom Vipera
Alt: Venom Tertia

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 11:23:58 AM »
Goddamnit... I need to go buy this now don't I?

Lol yep willpower crumbling, looking at next gen console bundles.... it's only a matter of time.

Offline Baneus

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 03:14:33 PM »
Gonna have to learn to use my controller properly. Dat input lag.

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 03:45:02 PM »
Gonna have to learn to use my controller properly. Dat input lag.

If you are playing on a big screen TV make sure it's set to "game mode" or similar, image processing causes the image to be displayed late. Without this sort of feature turned on it feels like a 300ms input lag. Was very aware of this when I stopped playing my console on a PC monitor, or gaming at friends houses.

If you're playing on monitor or already, maybe a controller issue if using a wireless controller? Definitely not normal to have noticeable input lag though.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:46:56 PM by Sectiplave »

Offline Baneus

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 03:53:26 PM »
I plugged in a keyboard/mouse for Dust513 and the input lag was terrible. A lot of people have the same issue with FF14.

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »
I plugged in a keyboard/mouse for Dust513 and the input lag was terrible. A lot of people have the same issue with FF14.

Ohhhh derp, yes I follow you now! Yep haven't heard great things about PS3 and keyboard / mouse input in general it's just not that flash for fast pace gaming.

Offline Baneus

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 04:20:38 PM »

Ohhhh derp, yes I follow you now! Yep haven't heard great things about PS3 and keyboard / mouse input in general it's just not that flash for fast pace gaming.

The funny thing with Dust is that CCP didn't use the recommended Sony settings in it at the start and controller players were getting smoked by KB/M players. Once they put the settings in, KB/M became a joke.

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 04:34:06 PM »
Yep this is along that lines of a few things I read that implied that the lack of KB and mouse optimisation in games was "working as intended" by Sony.

That sounds as bad as intentionally de-optimising keyboard and mouse though :(
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:37:51 PM by Sectiplave »

Offline Enmei

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2014, 05:02:22 AM »
I just bought this last night. I spent most of the night trying to figure out why my new headphones were playing up. Silly me had the digital cable in the audio out instead of the audio in on my wireless receiver  :cripes:

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2014, 10:31:15 AM »
I had no interest whatsoever in this game but ive been watching rek play it and its so much fun, i have been giving it a go very slowly as im sooo bad at fps games on consoles. Level 5 Titan so far :D not doing too bad.

Offline Baneus

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2014, 04:00:46 PM »
Got my hunter to level 8. slowly getting the hang of the controls. Enough to get the 100 kills without dying bounty at least. My PS4 should hopefully arrive this week and then I'll transfer over and start PvP etc.

Offline GregMiller

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2014, 06:59:10 PM »
I got my titan to lvl 20, then my internet started playing up, so haven't been able to do much since then  :'(

Offline Destarius

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2014, 07:27:39 PM »
Level 24 warlock can't get any higher without epix @.@

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2014, 09:49:51 AM »
Level 24 warlock can't get any higher without epix @.@

yo what is your psn coz i saw someone named Destarius with a number on the end of it like a few days ago lol

Offline Destarius

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2014, 11:36:10 AM »
lmao my psn is Destarius69 XD

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2014, 12:56:49 PM »
ah yup that was you that i saw! hehe

Offline Baneus

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2014, 08:13:07 PM »
Welp. Got my PS4. And Destiny is double the size of the PS3 version (textures I'm assuming).

My PSN is Baneus