Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Destiny anyone  (Read 45072 times)

Offline Sectiplave

Re: Destiny anyone
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2014, 11:50:34 AM »
Don't need any of that crap! First day playing Destiny or a PS4, 3rd match managed a 3.25 KD/ratio with my lv.6 Titan versus a bunch of low to mid 20's with one guy 29 it was very amusing for me... However! I used to play a lot of Halo, appears these skills are transferable to a degree.

Also yes PSN is an absolute dog for delayed requests currently :( will fire off invites to those who have PSN in here, otherwise mine is same as forum username if anyone wants to add me.

Who needs fists when you can BLADE DANCE BABY! zoom zoom stab stab Rekuja is on a Killing Spree

...PSN has been playing up lately with heaps of delayed crap....

Offline Baneus

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2014, 12:14:38 PM »
Those Lizardsquad douches have been hitting Destiny and CoD over the weekend. Fortunately they seem to be able to hit the US East Coast servers only for some reason, but it causes issues elsewhere as well.

I've approved your app Sectiplave, I'm gonna relax the default settings a bit, otherwise it's going to be a pain to mange.
I'm just saying that by any sane metric, Gendo Ikari is the best dad in the universe.

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2014, 04:21:56 PM »
This Queens Wrath event is the fucking worst. purple shaders, pink guns, purple class mark thing. event lasts 2 weeks and is a pain to get rep especially past rank 1. I feel like a starving child with food being waved in my face and not being able to eat it. I WANT THOSE PINK GUNS I HATE YOU BUNGIE.

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2014, 04:45:41 PM »
This Queens Wrath event is the fucking worst. purple shaders, pink guns, purple class mark thing. event lasts 2 weeks and is a pain to get rep especially past rank 1. I feel like a starving child with food being waved in my face and not being able to eat it. I WANT THOSE PINK GUNS I HATE YOU BUNGIE.

Yeah I'm with you on that one, it's my own problem for starting the game late :( If Halo Reach or Halo 3 are anything to go by, the event will certainly appear again down the line, for a similar time window etc.

Also if you have a look at this there are a free freebie emblems and shaders you can score for 2 minutes work entering codes, I tried the codes myself they all work :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2ganqo/comprehensive_list_of_redeemable_codes_obtainable/

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2014, 10:08:47 PM »
ok i really hope it comes around again Dx 2 weeks is BS time to grind a rep all the way to 3 ranks unless ur doing all of the bounties everyday.

And ya i saw that post, i only grabbed the pinkish emblem that looks like a plumbob from sims xD

Offline Daz_maldek

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2014, 08:36:32 AM »
I like how everyone at first "destiny? FPS?NOPE." Now you guys are making clans. Lol

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2014, 12:37:15 PM »
I like how everyone at first "destiny? FPS?NOPE." Now you guys are making clans. Lol

Hahahaha yep, I should have known better! I've thoroughly enjoyed every game Bungie has made since Marathon back in the 90's :)

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2014, 01:42:01 PM »
Lol xD its fun :3 even if i am terrible and I'm always the one with the least kills in my strike teams ;p

Rekuja

« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2014, 02:28:10 PM »

Destiny isn't down every 3 days straight after work

Offline TekAsh

« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2014, 02:48:23 PM »
I'm down for some Destiny fun.  On PS4 and name is TekJoat

[video]http://xivpads.com/?Ashni-Sharpclaw-Behemoth[/video]

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2014, 10:42:35 AM »
Made an Exo warlock alt <3 here she is dancing in a line :3

Offline Baneus

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »
Dat's some funky dancing.

In other news;  my XIM4 turned up :D
I'm just saying that by any sane metric, Gendo Ikari is the best dad in the universe.

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2014, 01:44:33 PM »
I'm not ready for an alt just yet, but I'm interested in playing a Hunter as I do enjoy the handcannon.

Just hit 26 last night, not bad progress for 2 weeks I think :) I am also still having an absolute blast playing with friends and helping them out with weird exotic bounties or just clearing out dailys/weeklies. I can see how people felt the story didn't explain enough / wasn't long enough but the social side of things is soo well done I'm not phased by this. Also from what I can see of the expansions these are going to be the method of progressing the story.

Offline Peach

• #1 Altaholic
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2014, 04:17:13 PM »
Yea im totaly addicted. Just got to rank 2 with the queen on sunday night now i have pink guns yay :3 i use the hand cannon on my warlock, its quite fun!

Offline Baneus

« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2014, 06:11:18 PM »
Gonna have to get used to using the KB/M combo in a FPS again. I may have to use my PC gaming mouse as the standard ones from work aren't sensitive enough. PC needs a rebuild, but I might relax a bit tonight and play some Destiny and D3.

Rekuja

« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2014, 10:06:30 AM »
lol nice, I just ordered a XIM4 aswell :P KEEN! I also bought a USB KVM switch so I can switch my KB/M from PC to PS4 on the fly

Did some heroics with Greg Miller last night, good fun! was challenging but we pulled through hehe

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »
Interesting, I'd really like to try the XIM4 out to see if it lives up to it's claims. How are you finding it Baneus?

Need me a legendary pair of boots and I'll be 27 and ready to join in my workmates who are clearing vault of glass normal mode fairly easily at the moment. Only just found out you need full raid gear or, 3 peices of raid gear and an exotic to actually reach Level 30.

Rekuja

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2014, 12:08:01 PM »
I've been watching heaps of videos of the XIM4, it's basically 1:1 ratio with no mouse lag whatsoever, you can also adjust all the settings on your smartphone and it translates into the game. Few things to keep in mind.

In-game sensitivity needs to be on MAX
Mouse DPI on MAX
Controller needs to be fully charged and turned off before setup (you never have to recharge the controller)
Make sure rumble is disabled
Smartphone or PC with Bluetooth adapter (the Android app is really good)

There are some vids out there that show the person using the mouse + gameplay, looks exactly like PC precision.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:10:01 PM by Rekuja »

Offline Baneus

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2014, 12:23:02 PM »
Pretty much. It's close to 1:1 without a gaming mouse or the Bluetooth setup (I don't have a smartphone and my PC is sans bluetooth at the moment). I'm going to put my G700 on it and I have a BT dongle coming for my PC so I'll be able to adjust it easier. But I can actually move, jump and shoot with accuracy while using the scope at the same time now :)

Rekuja

« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »
One thing I don't understand is the Android APP and the Device...

Any idea if we need to keep the App open while gaming? if not, will the XIM4 stop working? I'm assuming we can just run the Android App and turn the screen off though eh?

btw Sect, here's a good demonstration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aXocPURVfM
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:31:10 PM by Rekuja »

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2014, 03:51:24 PM »
Mmmm dat turn speed, seems completely unbalanced for twitch reflex games like CoD.

Watched a few clips of someone using XIM4 on Destiny on PS4, the turn speed and tracking was massively improved, I could see the auto aim screwing with his mouse aim, especially when the enemies were strafing, but still over all a much greater level of control.

The ability to turn 180 degree's in 0.1 of a second is something the controller just cannot match. If I was serious on PvP in Destiny and wanted that edge I'd certainly consider one, even still I'd like to play around on one just to see.