Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Favorite Final fantasy?  (Read 8585 times)

Offline Daz_maldek

Favorite Final fantasy?
« on: July 26, 2014, 04:05:56 PM »
Discussion time! Which is your favorite and why?
Personally mine was tactic because OMG infinite character builds!

Also,(side note) been some chatter the past few months about fans wanting FFXII HD. SE said only if everyone wanted it, they might... Any thoughts?

Offline KaaneMoka

Re: Favorite Final fantasy?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 04:16:41 PM »
FF8 because Rinoa is my Angel!!!! :heart: :heart: ...Screw Squall Lionheart  :rek: :rek:

Offline Daz_maldek

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 06:06:12 PM »
FF8 was quite challenging at times. Was decent, if it would work on my ps3 I would play again

Offline Shazz Leone

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:12:35 PM »
Enough said

Offline KaaneMoka

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 02:39:46 AM »
FF8 was quite challenging at times. Was decent, if it would work on my ps3 I would play again

Buy PSvista, problem solved  :cat:

Tifa, my love  :heart: :heart: ..

Aeris, why did you have to die?  :cripes: :cripes: .

And Cloud, you killed Aeris  :rage: :rage:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:42:13 AM by KaaneMoka »

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 10:20:22 AM »
Cloud killed aeris?. I allways remembered sephiroths sword doing the work.

Offline Min Kim

• Meow
  • Big Fat Cat Venom
  • Yeahnah
    • Hellion
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 10:31:45 AM »
FF6 > FF8 > FF4 > FF7 > FF10 > FF5>

And those are the ones I've played.
Main: Venom Reginam
Alt: Venom Vipera
Alt: Venom Tertia

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 12:43:07 PM »
ffx(HD) > FFT = FF7 > ff8 = ff9 >>>> ff12 > ff13

Offline Daz_maldek

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 12:54:31 PM »
I really hope they make ff12 remake. I never got to finish it....my ps2 blew up cuz my cousin spilled juice on it :pad:

Offline KaaneMoka

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 10:06:43 PM »
Cloud killed aeris?. I allways remembered sephiroths sword doing the work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEJ_3_wYROc

Here for you.... SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Rekuja

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »
I played 7 when I was really young and because of my age I had no idea what was going on in the story, the only reason I played was for the summons and to kill Sephiroth (lol)

8 is what got me into Final Fantasy, that is when I replayed 7 and moved onto 6, 9, 10 and eventually sold my soul to 11.

I'd say 8 is my favourite.

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 03:08:31 PM »
FFVII is and always will be the number 1 spot for me.

This is as this was the first JRPG I had ever played in my life, prior to this I spent the majority of my time playing FPS games like Golden Eye, racing games or platformer / puzzler type games. I did play some D&D RPG's back in my younger days on Amiga 500, like Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Master but I was too young to really grasp the mechanics behind what was going on, I just put axes in peoples hands and clicked on them lots when I ran into shit.

I think I'd just started high school and a friend suggested we do a temporary swap with his Playstation 1 and my Nintendo 64. He gave me a few shooter/action games, but really recommended that I play this game called Final Fantasy 7, the entire total of what I knew about this game before playing it was along the lines of him explaining it saying "you control a team of people and you can do cool shit like use magic to call down meteors and fuck people up" that was it, I had no idea on the size and depth of this game.

So we do the swap on a friday at school and I go home keen to play some new shit. I play a few shooters then on Saturday I fire up FF7.... shit just clicks, I'm hooked, hours are disappearing and my only thought is that sleep is for the weak. I blow an entire weekend playing the game, and cause I'm bad, I'm completely ignorant of mechanics, it takes me the weekend to clear Midgar, the bricks I shat when I realised this was only the start of the game and I had an entire world map filled with towns and things to explore.... it was basically the end. School was an irritation between playing FF, and my lunch time conversations revolve around getting as much information as possible (free dial up internet was just becoming a thing, let alone game websites with good info)

Played 8 9 and 10 pretty much upon release and really enjoyed them, went back to shooters for a while and then invested the better part of 9 months of my entire life to FF11 before forcing myself to quit so I could put myself back on track in life. Have not been that impressed by 10-2, 12 or 13 and it's follow ups to be honest so only really play these when they show up on special and I'm in the mood for some single player hardcore gaming.

Obviously playing lots of 14 and loving it. This is my FF addiction in a nutshell  :sun:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:11:05 PM by Sectiplave »

Offline Erecto Shadowsong

• Moist.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 07:13:05 AM »
8by far, the story is amazing, the character development makes me moist as fuhk, (I'm a sucker for that shit) and the most appleai aspect of it for me though, was the junction system, so many possibilities, and  the junctions you use could literally make you win or loose an encounter, and no other game in he series has used anything similar. It's a challenge to master that's why it's good :D

Oh and also,
Triple Triad.
Nuff said.
Moist Definitely.