Login  |  Register

Author Topic: You hit 60, now what?!  (Read 9686 times)

Offline Min Kim

• Meow
  • Big Fat Cat Venom
  • Yeahnah
    • Hellion
You hit 60, now what?!
« on: June 25, 2015, 01:59:25 PM »
Okay a simple guide on what to do when you hit 60.
First of all, you need to finish the Main Story to continue! Complete the Research Facility dungeon (no drops, but has 80 Law on completion, and 40 bonus for newbies) and then the Instance after that to complete your Main Story Quest.

After you finish your Main Story Quest, you need to unlock three things:
- Bismark Extreme
- Neverreap (1 of the 2 Expert Roulette Dungeons and has the same rewards as Research Facility, BUT it has i160 weapon/gear/accessories)
- Fractal (Same as above, the other 1 of the 2 Expert Roulette Dungeons)

Now where to unlock them?
- Bismark Extreme is right outside the Fortemps Manor after you finish your Main Story Quest.
- Fractal starts at The Pillers (14,12) - It may not look like it, but there IS a quest there hidden away. - iLVL 145 REQUIRED
- Neverreap is unlocked by a side quest in Ok' Zundu, but if you follow the Bismark Extreme unlocking quest, it will lead you here anyway, so I suggest you do both of these at the same time. - iLVL 145 REQUIRED

Now what and how to gear and how to get all the things?
First we need to split out some of the gear so people can understand what's what.
Law Gear - i170
Upgraded Law Gear - i180
Bismark Ex Weapons - i175
Ravana Ex Weapons - i190

What and how should you upgrade?
First of all, it depends what class you're playing. If you are a DPS or Healer, getting a i170 weapon will be a very good idea.
If you are a tank though, the i160 weapons from the dungeons SHOULD be enough for you to skip straight to the Bismark Ex weapons.

This is how much everything costs for the Law gear and the vendor (Hismena) is located at Idyllshire (5,5):
Weapons: 570
Head/Gloves/Boots: 285
Belt/Accessories: 215
Chest/Legs: 475

Now what they did with Bismark and Ravana Extremes is that you have a chance of getting your weapon immediately as a normal loot, HOWEVER, if you are a unlucky SOB like me and never get drops, you can actually collect a token each time you defeat them. You can trade 10 of these tokens to the NPC Sabina, right next to the Law gear trader to get your weapon.

Next on the list is how to upgrade your armor, and here we say hello to Hunts again. There will be tears.
The Three-Star (Daily) and the Elite (Weekly B Ranks) Hunt Bills are unlocked at The Forgotten Knight at Foundation (13,12).
The NPC on the middle floor of The Forgotten Knight, Ardolain, is the NPC that will trade your Centurio Hunt Seals (different to normal Hunt Seals) for tokens that can upgrade your gear.

This is the price for each:
Doman Whetstone (Weapon Upgrade): 395
Doman Urushi (Head/Chest/Gloves/Legs/Boots): 300
Raw Doman Urushi (Belt/Accessories): 150

I highly recommend everyone doing their Three-Star daily hunts, and also do their Elite (B rank) weekly hunts, while looking for the A rank and S ranks in the new maps.
There is a thing to note here, certain maps in the game currently has two different instances of the same map. This means that if you teleport to Dravanian Forelands, for example, you and a friend could end up in different instances. The ONLY way to force the instance to swap is to either walk out and walk into a map which let's you choose which instance you want to go into (this cannot be done in The Churning Mists, as there are no way to walk out and into the map. You have to talk to NPCs to phase in and out which does not allow you to choose the instance you are in), or you keep teleporting in and out of the map and hope you get to the right instance. The only upside to this is that there are separate hunts for each of the instances.

Once you buy the above Doman upgrade toekn, you can upgrade your gear to i180 by talking to NPC (Seika) at Idyllshire (6,7).

What Venom recommends:
I highly suggest you skip upgrading your weapon to i180, even if you get the i170 Law weapon, I think it's a waste of Hunt seals, as the weapons from the Primal Extremes are better and easier to get.

Extra tidbits:
Expert Roulette: Bonus 100 Law Tomes
High Level Roulette: Bonus 100 Law Tomes
Low Level Roulette: Bonus 100 Law Tomes
Trials Roulette: Bonus 80 Law Tomes

New person bonus! 40 Law Tomes
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:45:21 AM by venom »
Main: Venom Reginam
Alt: Venom Vipera
Alt: Venom Tertia

Offline Kuyo

Re: You hit 60, now what?!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 02:06:33 PM »
Mad guide Venom, thanks dude :)
Signature take down notice: This signature was removed because fuck it.

Offline Jeth

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 05:07:01 PM »
Regarding hunts, you can get 110 seals/day by completing your 1, 2, and 3 star logs. These are also a good source of xp for levelling alt classes, so you can fly around CWH, DF and CM killing what you can on your lower level class, then completing the rest on your main. This is a good alternative to actually doing S/A rank hunts which are already horrible to try and get to. I'm fairly sure there will be an alternative way of upgrading law gear once Alexander is released, but for now it's kinda terrible to do.

With law and roulettes, note that you don't get the law bonus for low level/high level/trial roulette on a class that's less than 60, so you're going to have to choose either xp for a lower level class, or law for your main. If you want a law bonus for a new person in a dungeon, you're more likely to get new players in the Aetherochemical Research Facility than the 2 expert dungeons, though ARF takes a little bit longer to complete (I also think ARF is more fun, so that's also a consideration).

Offline Bt

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 06:34:19 PM »
Whats the fastest way to 60 m8, expect full guide for all classes and hunting log locations thx bud.

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »
This is a good explanation of hunts and Centurio seals for those that want more info;

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3938468/blog/2342792/