Login  |  Register

Author Topic: HW Gathering Guide and Collecting Explination  (Read 4457 times)

Offline AtlasC

HW Gathering Guide and Collecting Explination
« on: June 28, 2015, 05:38:32 PM »
DoL Leveling Guide for HW (lv 50-60)
Guide Ver 1.0 (for MIN + BTN)

-Why do I want to collect? (Scrips explanation)
Scrips are a new system where players craft and gather items to trade in for scrips, similar to tomestones for DoW/M. There is no limit on how many items you trade in though the trade-in list changes daily. Also, you can only obtain Scrips if the item crafted/gather is lv 56+, though you can still get great experience points lv51+
Before you had to gather HQ items and grind like hell, now, you can somewhat enjoy your gathering.

-A New Frontier (Lv50-51)
Look no further than Leve Quests given in the Foundation. The reason to hit 51 is so that the lv55 Nodes will become available so you can start gathering collectibles.
Once you hit 51, or you complete the MSQ: The Better Half a Quest will become available at the Foundation 10:10.
--The quest will send you to Mor Dhona, the NPC can give a brief explanation about collectibles. *Note: DoL and DoH collectibles are very similar however for this guide I will only explain DoL.

-Get in the dirt! (How to start collecting)
--Once you reach level 51, unspoiled nodes will become available (lv 60 nodes at lv 56). Collectibles ONLY come from unspoiled nodes. All of these nodes has a one game-hour window making it much more unforgiving if your late. However they appear two times per 24 game-hours, All the nodes appear between 10 and 3. These nodes also have a perception requirement (I had no issue with them, may add values in the future).
--For an example the lowest level BTN Node for Scrips is Old World Fig (3 Star) located in Forelands with a window time of 2-3 (both Am and PM).
--What will you encounter?
---Run up to the lv55 unspoiled node, (collectors glove not required yet), pop the scan 300gp skill and discover the Old World Fig. You probably wont get a collectible on your first try/node, also finding the right perception to obtain an item may require a few tries.
---12 game hours later- So you return to your node with full GP (preferably 600, but at least 400). Run up to the node (look out for the bear) and uncover the Fig. now WITH COLLECTORS GLOVE ON, "hit" the fig to start collecting.
---You will see a new UI appear with a Wear counter (0/30), and a rarity counter (0/1000). The goal is to get your rarity as high as you can without going over the wear counter, yet still have enough "hits" to obtain the items. (in my observance when leveling, do the most necessary to get to the minimum while saving as many hits as possible).
---Use your skills appropriately to get your rarity up to at least 240 for old World Figs (any less wont be tradable). Higher Perception = better rarity/appraisal multiplier.
---Once you get your rarity to 240-, with the remaining hits you have, click the button "Collect", this will actually harvest the item. accept the item and collect again until you deplete the node. which high enough stats, you can actually get 4-5 items/node.
(note each collectible item requires one inventory space)
----Congratulations you have some Collectible Old World figs that who knows who will buy!
----All that's left is to head to an appraisal in either Old or New Dhona (the latter requires a quest to be completed at lv60 DoL or DoH class)

-What exactly are these skills your telling me to use?
--All of the DoL classes has the same/new skills to gather collectibles.
---Collector Gloves: Needed to be triggered to start the collecting process
---Appraisal skills: Used to increase the Rarity of the items (higher the rarity, the better the exp/bonus, all items require a minimum rarity to be traded in) These skills do not require GP, but each hit uses up one "hit" to the node and increases Wear.
---Appraisal Support Skills: Used to modify your appraisal skills. These skills do cost GP, but does not "hit" the node, making your gathering more prosperous, gather higher level items.

=============================
How did Atlas do it?
Every 12-hours these is about three nodes to choose from. There are many node location guides, the one I found most useful currently is this one:  http://tinyurl.com/otgsqy2 This spreadsheet shows pretty much all the information you need other than the minimum Perception/Gathering. It helped me greatly even to this day.
Based on what the trader is looking for, I select the nodes I want to hit and get to work. Simple as that, experiment with what works well, to level up, you probably wont have enough perception to gather any scrips so don't try to get those items. Also note after the first item (3 star item) you may have to fly to some nodes so flying is a must.
Some days I got some BTN items and some MIN items every 12 hour run. With 600 GP I only used Discerning eye and Methodical Appraisal. Later you get a skill Single Mind which pretty much rewards and extra hit = extra item, but single mind requires 600+ GP I'd say. Don't let RNG upset you with the other appraisals; upmost care will use up alot of Hits.

As a note, the gear I had was supra for MIN and Lucius for BTN. I also had max Forager gear /w materia capped. Though it's possible to do with AF, it makes the process alot faster.

Offline Baneus

Re: HW Gathering Guide and Collecting Explination
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 08:17:10 AM »
FSH is a lot simpler. You get the collectors skill at level 50, and you can get fish at that level to hand in. Like the others however it changes every day. Before you go out and start collecting, check at Mor Dhona for the minimum level that a fish will be accepted at as (most likely due to the simplicity) fishing has an RNG element, which will mean you can get fish with values below what you can hand in (though you can turn them back into normal fish if you collect them and can't hand them in due to the req.)

To start levelling, I recommend you start at [Coerthas Western Highlands (35,27) Greytail Falls] as there are no low XP fish there (with rested XP each fish is worth roughly 10k for NQ and 27k for HQ). The Glacier Core that you can fish up from there requires a minimum collectors value of 310.

Useful thread for specific fish:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/239849-Heavensward-Fishing-Finds%21
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:19:15 AM by Baneus »
I'm just saying that by any sane metric, Gendo Ikari is the best dad in the universe.

Offline Tigerlilley

• #1 PS4
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 09:37:54 AM »
You guys are awesome

Offline blink625

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:52:14 AM by blink625 »

Offline blink625

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 12:53:35 AM »

If you have any method on getting scrips please add.

Getting Red and Blue scrips

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3eb5e0/quick_5minute_red_scrips_guide_for_minersbotanists/

Offline Wales

• Holmgang Holmgang
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 09:31:12 AM »

I use the method in the first comment of that thread;

Discerning -> Impulsive, Discerning -> Impulsive, Discerning -> Methodical, replacing the second or third Discerning with an SM for the extra gather if Impulsive procs. This nets me 478 collectability and 2-4 gather attempts at the perception cap. I use this for all my scrip gathering.

That said, I'm not at perception cap for Folklore nodes yet, so I might need to start going Discerning -> Methodical x3 and forsake the chance of extra gathers. More testing required.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:33:11 AM by Wales »