Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Indefinite Hiatus  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Sectiplave

Indefinite Hiatus
« on: December 19, 2015, 12:08:55 AM »
I've been thinking on this for a few days, and unfortunately it's time for me to step away from FF14.

Hellion being an awesome FC is the main reason I remained subbed as long as I did to be honest, a really good bunch of people here held together by an amazing FC leader and officers. I've played many MMO's and it's truely soo rare to find a guild that just gets along and helps each other out.

The reason is Heavensward & patches have shown me; frequent but insubstantial content, heavy reliance on weekly caps, simplified stats/gear options to name a few. For me my gripe is Square Enix leadership are unable to deviate from the established routine. It'd be great to see them implement depth of play and more choices to the player. This can be done without alienating the casual player base they seem so keen to cater to, if they only wanted to try. The current routine's predictability has left me feeling bored and unexcited about the future of the game. When it comes to MMO's FF14 is still one of the best choices available in my opinion :)

I've had a great ride with you all, and I'd like to thank everyone whom I partied, talked shit, got carried by, assisted or just otherwise spent some time having fun with :)

If we see a genuine change from the current routine, I'll certainly consider returning to FF14 :) As part of something else I'm doing to reduce time sinks, I'll also not be logging into these forums soon. (sorry Tiger :P)

If you want to get in touch, send me a PM! I mainly use Gmail / Google hangouts for contact. 

Offline Tigerlilley

• #1 PS4
  • Administrator
Re: Indefinite Hiatus
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 01:47:04 PM »
 :'(

Sad news Cerb!

A break from game keeps things fresh and you know we'll be here if you ever want to come back! Take it easy dude and don't be a stranger ok!!

Will miss you :( and laughing at your deaths which was always hilarious

Offline Min Kim

• Meow
  • Big Fat Cat Venom
  • Yeahnah
    • Hellion
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 07:47:44 PM »
:( Sad to see you leave buddy! Our resident Roe!
As always, I expect you back at some point :) Not bad to take a break now and then.
And we love you too, so definitely keep us up to date buddy.
Main: Venom Reginam
Alt: Venom Vipera
Alt: Venom Tertia

Offline Sectiplave

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 12:11:00 PM »
Cheers homies! I'll keep in touch as best I can.

There is certainly a chance I'll return to XIV, I'll keep an eye out for 4.0 and see if they decide to add some spice back to the game.

To replace that JRPG fix I grabbed the Final Fantasy X HD remaster on PS4 and going on a nostalgia ride, the voice acting is pretty hilarious, but it's still fun!