Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Looking to start playing again.  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Korea Beepu

Looking to start playing again.
« on: March 28, 2016, 10:15:43 PM »
Hey everyone,

After more than a year of not playing due to circumstances, etc. I am looking to start playing again. Do I need to purchase heavensward? If yes, where?

Honestly, at the moment I can't remember much about how to play since I never played that long anyway. But hopefully I can get back into it.

Thanks

Offline Firewolfjs

Re: Looking to start playing again.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 05:13:40 AM »
You don't have to buy heavensward to play unless u want to be an au'ra. You once u get close to 50 you will want it because it raises the level cap to 60, lets you get exp from all the post 50 main story quests that u have to do to be able to get into the new areas, and opens up a bunch of areas. U can buy a download directly from Square Enix or pan if u play on ps4. Also if u want to wait I believe it's cheaper to buy physical copy from Amazon.

Offline Tigerlilley

• #1 PS4
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 07:40:12 AM »
Hey Korea I remember you!

You don't need heavensward for now but it will open up a new race,  new jobs and a new story line past 50 like Firewolf mentioned.

You can definitely come back without the expansion to get the feel of things again

Offline Jeth

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 08:47:02 AM »
There's actually a free login campaign running at the moment. You can get 4 days of free playtime. I think all you need to do is just log in to the client. Although note that you'll need to login in order to start downloading updates, which means updating will cut into the 4 days.

Offline Korea Beepu

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 04:33:34 PM »
Yeah I definitely want access to the new contents. But will try the free log in first and see how it goes. My wifi connection is really bad and it might take awhile for the updates to download.

Just hearing that music on the login page makes me feel excited to play again. Hopefully see you guys in the game soon.

I checked amazon and they don't ship the physical copy to NZ, the digital copy costs the same with the square enix store which is $30.

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:42:24 PM by Korea Beepu »

Offline Min Kim

• Meow
  • Big Fat Cat Venom
  • Yeahnah
    • Hellion
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 11:30:32 AM »
Were yo on PS4 Kore'a?
Main: Venom Reginam
Alt: Venom Vipera
Alt: Venom Tertia

Offline Min Kim

• Meow
  • Big Fat Cat Venom
  • Yeahnah
    • Hellion
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 11:32:24 AM »
That SHOULD work, it's kinda funny how that (includes original game and Heavesnward) is still cheaper than getting just the expansion off of PSN: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-nz/games/final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward/cid=EP0082-CUSA00285_00-FFXIVEX1STDB0000
Main: Venom Reginam
Alt: Venom Vipera
Alt: Venom Tertia

Offline Korea Beepu

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 03:54:03 PM »
Yeah, I was surprised at the price and was abit sceptical. I did ask them and they said its PAL so it would work with my machine. Just I have to wait for the physical copy I guess.

And yeah I was on PS4 last night if that what you meant?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:56:18 PM by Korea Beepu »