Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Titanfall  (Read 9812 times)

Rekuja

Titanfall
« on: February 17, 2014, 10:35:29 AM »
Well well well.... the old Infinity Ward strikes again, breaking from Activi$ion and forming a new group Respawn Entertainment, going back to their roots and designing an FPS game that truly deserves the Game of the Year title.

Titanfall

Bizzerk, Gambit and myself beta test this during the weekend and what can I say? AMAZING.

Fast paced high flying double jump wall running fps action with sci-fi elements and mech titans, it just screams NERDGASM. There is nothing overpowered or broken in this game, everything feels smooth, accurate and insanely polished thanks to the Half Life 2 Source Engine.

8/10 highly recommend!

Hellion

Game comes out March 11, let's get some in-house Hellion games going! we can group up as a party and smash randoms, good times await!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oqYASh6izQ

Offline Bt

Re: Titanfall
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 01:52:53 PM »
It's pretty cool. I'll jump on TS next time I play, played for about 10 hrs already lol

Rekuja

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 01:56:08 PM »
When does beta end? I thought it was just this weekend with a possibility of more before launch?

gonna pre order after work <3

Rekuja

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 08:53:54 PM »
[youtube]Tsf25G5IArA[/youtube]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Pallas

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 10:17:39 PM »
I want to like titanfall since it looks pretty fun but I really can't

why is there no single player

why are the devs pretending the titans are something new and interesting

why is the game running on source (it's nearly 11 years old now jesus christ)

why is the player limit so small

why are there no aus servers

whyyyyyyyyyyy

Rekuja

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 10:35:27 PM »
You don't need single player to have a successful FPS (look at TF2, Counter Strike) if anything they waste valuable resource time for a shitty 4-5 hour single player :\

The Mech Warriors are actually very cool, adds heaps of elements to the gameplay, very cat and mouse style.

Nothing wrong with Source Engine? It's actually one of the better engines out there, runs smooth and very optimized.

6v6 suits the gameplay because there's AI on both sides, it's not as "dead" as you think it is.

No lag/rego problems on US WEST, they went balls deep on the lag compensation.. also, aussie servers coming later.

/whiteknight

Bizzerk and I enjoyed it, Gambit too.

Offline Pallas

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 10:50:58 PM »
there's a lot wrong with source. the lighting is dated, the geometry is blocky, and there's a distinct lack of tesselation

and when did I say it looked dead? the player limit looks disappointing is all. the bots are just there to make you feel good

the lack of a single player mode bugs me so much. they're building a neat sci fi world over there and you'll never get to see it since the game is exclusively multiplayer. I can't shake the feeling that the game just looks incomplete without a proper campaign

another part that bothers me is that they're pretending that they're not mechs. quote from vince

These things aren’t mechs.They are something totally new and different. The Titans are really an extension of the player. They are bigger, they are heavily armored, and they give you kind of a second life but they are agile,fun,and fast. They can dodge. It’s not a feeling of something slow and lumbering. It really is an extension of you. You lose a little bit of agility because you can’t jump, but on the ground these things are super agile tanks.

slow and lumbering

meanwhile, in battletech

http://i.imgur.com/p5n7tkj.jpg

fuck you, vince

and they're identical in execution to blacklight: retribution's hardsuits, they're just not as clunky
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:58:52 PM by Pallas »

Rekuja

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 11:03:59 PM »
to each his own, fantastic game in my opinion.

Offline G.Vash

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 01:01:40 PM »
Hit this up a bit during the beta and really enjoyed it. Will definitely be making a purchase on release (wasn't sure before playing it, but loved it).

Rekuja

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 01:45:37 PM »
Yeah man, my thoughts exactly... It's one of those games that just spells WTF... then once you play it, it's like woah this is actually really awesome, I'd be happy to pay for this.

Offline Pallas

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 05:57:41 PM »
http://www.destructoid.com/the-titanfall-season-pass-isn-t-exactly-revolutionary-stuff-271528.phtml

[skepticism intensifies]

no real way to say this without coming off as a cunt, but I find it interesting how you take a jab at activison but you don't have any issue with EA. you've traded one evil for another.

still been mulling it over. I wouldn't mind some rootin tootin sci fi shootin to kill time until destiny comes out, but titanfall is starting to seem pretty sleazy. no mod kit, no aus servers, and paid dlc before the game's even out.

Rekuja

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 06:15:34 PM »
I don't agree with EA but I sure as hell agree with DICE. No matter how much mainstream band-wagon hatred the Battlefield series gets (mostly from 12 year olds that argue bf vs cod) I still think Battlefield series have been very enjoyable, especially 4.

When you look past a publisher and look at the actual development team, you see a different light.

When you put your mind at ease, stop listening to the fuckwits on the forums and stupid 420 blazeit kids... and actually sit down and give these developers a chance, you'll find yourself enjoying the games. These guys are actually dedicated gamers, they chose this career because they truly love and enjoy developing video games, they aren't all suits looking to milk a franchise.

Call Of Duty went to shit because they milked the fuck out of it, even Kotick admits to this (hello guitar hero?) the original Infinity Ward (now Respawn) made some fantastic Call of Duty games, CoD 2 was easily my favourite, I played that shit all day all night. MW1 was also amazing for its time, it's only when MW2 onwards that it became shit, and that's when the drama escalated between Infinity Ward and Activi$ion.

Like I said Pallas, it's one of those games that you just need to try for yourself... because I was exactly like you, EA? WTF... oh great another shitty CoD with robots, fuck that noise, not gonna bother.

incoming free beta key, played for a few hours... wow this is actually pretty damn awesome.

Offline Pallas

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 06:57:53 PM »
they aren't all suits looking to milk a franchise

the problem is, the people running them are. I don't think any other company has been as outright damaging to the industry as ea.

I'll probably end up getting titanfall. it's definitely something I would enjoy (I got a soft spot for sci fi shooters) and I've definitely spent worse money.

still, while the game itself looks fun, everything else about it rubs me the wrong way. it's not a matter of scrublords, stoners, or flame wars, it's a matter of corporate bullshit. titanfall just comes off as exploitative to me. it's pretty obvious what they're after and I'm not sure if I want to support it. when it comes to big names like ea and activision the line between "for gamers" and "for profit" gets pretty blurry.

am I being too cautious, or am I being a smart shopper? I guess I'll let you be the judge of that.

Rekuja

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 10:41:59 PM »
That's the mentality though, looking at every mainstream title as an exploited cash cow... let's face it, only indie games these days are pure, and even those are turning into a shitfest cash shop day1 dlc nonsense.

look past the BS and just enjoy your time, fuck the politics man... I stopped caring ages ago, the only games I don't buy are 100% guranteed shit (CoD ghost for example)

BF4 was the worst in terms of EA/Origin and political clusterfuck, I still enjoyed the hell out of it because I put all that BS aside.

Offline Kuyo

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 08:53:34 AM »
Titanfall eh... is that when Pad gets hit by Landslide?
Signature take down notice: This signature was removed because fuck it.

Offline G.Vash

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 12:20:49 PM »
Will put down my preorder this weekend I think for Titanfall.
Can't wait to check out the other maps. They all seemed to offer equal enjoyment/playability both as mech and as soldier.

Rekuja

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 12:21:18 PM »
PRELOAD IS UP

auwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  :puke: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaa  :puke: :puke: :puke:

Rekuja

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 07:43:00 AM »
AUSSIE SERVERS COMING TODAY

DAT UNEXPECTED

Offline G.Vash

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 11:47:13 AM »
Still haven't been able to play this yet :(
Picked it up on the day of release, but my net was down for nearly a week. Only just came back last night. Installed it etc and ran through the training, noticed a lot of rubber banding on the training level.. so it kind of put me off playing any more last night.

Still working with my ISP to get this line fault fixed.. hopefully not too far off now.